Sunday, July 24, 2011

Thunderstorms in the Midwest means ...

Travel delayed until tomorrow. The flight to Chi-town was delayed by an hour, which meant I'd miss the connection to the Hong Kong flight. Many minutes and phone calls later (looking for connections through San Fran, LA, Vancouver, Toronto, Newark, JFK, LaGuardia), I realized that the earliest I could get there was a day later anyway. So, tomorrow I'll start out at 3:30 and take the flight to San Fran, then the direct over to Hong Kong. On the plus side, rented a vehicle from Budget and rode back to Topeka in class in a new Jeep Grand Cherokee. The nice man at the counter, after hearing our plight, even lowered the rate. Now I have time to take in a movie with the fam ... Might see Captain America, since that one won't be opening in China anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment